The Australian Government spends $3.5 to $4 billion on corporate service delivery each year. Shared services, outsourcing, process excellence and automation are key ways that the Public Sector can reduce the cost of that delivery. Customer expectations of speed and quality of service delivery are higher than ever, but budgetary restrictions and limited resources are putting a strain on the public sector.
How can the public sector deliver high quality services while achieving cost efficiencies with limited resources? It’s time for re-evaluation and reflection of existing models and planning for change.
With this in mind, the 11th Annual Public Sector Shared & Common Services 2017 has been designed to address strategies, delivery models and technology that agencies can harness to meet customer expectations and achieve cost savings.
Held on 19 – 20 September 2017 at The Rex Hotel in Canberra, the key themes for 2017 include:
- Automation and self service as an alternative to offshoring and outsourcing
- Re-evaluating existing models and identifying KPIs and metrics to measure success
- Developing an agile workforce to keep up with changing agency demands
- Navigating a risk averse, process driven environment to drive change
- Leveraging data analytics and business intelligence to advise better decisions
- Gearing up the back-office to support and drive innovation
A snapshot of our featured speakers:
- Dr. Arlen Griffey, Chief Center Services, Facility Planning & Utilization Division, NASA (USA)
- Caron Alexander, Director of Digital Shared Services, Department of Finance (UK)
- Shane Lamont, CPO & Head of Supply Chain, Sydney Water
- Andy Wood, Executive Director, Department of Finance (WA)
- Julie Williams, Head of People Services, Australia Post
- Jane Olsen, Director, Shared Service Provider, Department of Treasury and Finance
For a full list of speakers, view our official program here.
Don’t miss your chance delve deeper into the ways of Government Shared Services with 100% new case studies to be presented with lessons learned and solutions to bring back to your team.
Visit our website for more info.